How to Create ACCESS Student Orientation on your instance of Schoology
Getting access to the ACCESS Student Orientation Resources.
- Login in to schoology.com.
- The ACCESS Student Orientation material is located within the Course Content group (this is the same group that contains the ACCESS Franchise material). Note: If you are already a member of this group, you can skip to Step II. Creating a Full Year Term for ACCESS Student Orientation.
- Place the following ACCESS Code and click Join.
Creating a Full Year Term for ACCESS Student Orientation.
- Click on Tools -> School Management
- Click Grade Settings on the left of the screen.
- Click + Add Grading Period on the right side of the screen.
- Create a grading period for Student Orientation that will run from Aug 1 to July 31.
Creating the Course
- Click courses in the top left corner, then click my courses
- On the right click create a course.
- Fill in the Create a Course form. Remember to use the Term you created above.
- Now click the Add Materials button.
- Click Import from Resources.
- On the left Click Group then under Group Resources Select Course Content. Check ACCESS Student Orientation.
- Press Import. Then Press Import Again.
Grade Setup and Mapping
- In the Student Orientation course that you created, select Grade Setup from the menu on the left
- Add a Category in Categories.
The only Category needed is Orientation Test.
- Now click on Gradebook to map the assignment
- On the right side of the Gradebook click the three vertical dots and then click Bulk Edit
- You should only see one grade item. Change the category to Orientation Test. Then click Save Changes.
- Then click on the bread crumb above the words Bulk Edit.
- Now click on members to add students to the ACCESS Student Orientation 21-22 Class.
- To add students to the Student Orientation Class, click Add Members and select the students to enroll.
- After selecting the students to add, click Add Members.
We created a video to help you overcome a common error message.