You can create copies of quizzes/tests to account for students who’s local schools require passwords when others in the class do not require a password. The following instructions outline the process for creating groups, copying a quiz or test, and releasing the quiz or test to students based on their group enrollment.
Important Note: Grades from the copied version of the quiz or test will not automatically carry over to the Grades area. You will need to manually input the grades for students who take the copy of the original quiz/test.
Part 1 – Creating Student Groups
- Select Users from the navigation bar and then Groups
- Select New Category
- Enter a category name, such as School
- Make sure Enrollment Type is set to # of Groups – No Auto Enrollments
- Enter the number of groups you need in the Number of Groups field. This should correspond to the number of quiz versions you will need to set up.
- Select Save
- You will then see a list with the groups you created. Click the name of the group you wish to edit.
- It is suggested to change the Group Name to a more descriptive title, such as the school name (this group title will be utilized to determine which pacing guide gets released in later steps)
- Select Enroll Users
- Place a check next to the name(s) of the students you wish to add to the group
- Click Save
- Repeat the enrollment process for each group you created (making sure to add a descriptive title to each group)
Part 2 – Copying and Editing Quizzes and Tests
- In the navigation bar, select Assessment and then Quizzes.
- Select More Actions and Copy
- Select the quiz to copy and then enter a name for the second copy of the quiz
- Select Save
- Repeat the process for each version of the quiz or test so that they are all released to the appropriate group you set up in step 1.
Part 3 – Editing Quizzes and Tests
- From the main Quizzes page, click the title of the quiz you wish to edit
- Select the Restrictions tab
- Set a password for the quiz if needed
- Under Release Conditions, select Create and Attach.
- Under Condition Type, select Group Enrollment and then select the appropriate group under Condition Details. Then click Create. This will release the selected quiz/test to only the student(s) in the group you specified.
- Select Save and Close when done.
- Repeat the process for each quiz or test.
- You can verify that your quizzes/tests are set up properly by impersonating students from different groups and viewing the Quizzes page.